These delicious mouldy coconut muffins have a surprise in the middle – oozing blood. It’s not real blood, of course, but strawberry or raspberry jelly (jam).
What you need:
• 2 ½ cups all purpose/plain flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 2/3 cup caster sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 ¼ cups shredded/desiccated coconut
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ¼ cups milk
• 3 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry jelly/jam
• 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 3 tablespoons shredded/desiccated coconut
• 6 tablespoons confectioners’/icing sugar
• Green food colouring
What to do:
• Heat oven to 400°F and get your muffin tin ready.
• Sift together flour and baking powder; stir in sugar and coconut.
• Beat the egg, vanilla extract, milk and oil together in a separate bowl
• Add the dry mix to the wet mixture.
• Mix just until combined.
• Drop a large tablespoon of batter into each muffin case.
• Add a teaspoon of jelly/jam to each and the rest of the batter.
• Bake around 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
• Leave the muffins to cool on a baking tray.
• For the topping mix the coconut and a few drops of food colouring.
• Add the confectioners’ sugar then add water until a paste forms.
• Press the topping mixture into the cracks of the cooled muffins.
From Lyn at www.witch-blog.com
Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/